Applications are now open for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fall 2020 Program session at Stanford University!
Knight-Hennessy Scholars develops a community of future world leaders to address complex challenges through collaboration and innovation. Each year, up to 100 high-performing students from around the world will receive full funds to obtain any graduate degree at Stanford, including the DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS and Ph.D. programs, as well as joint programs – and double grade. Knight-Hennessy Scholars is the most complete academic program in the world.
The program provides opportunities for Leadership Development, Mentoring and Experiential Learning. As a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, candidates will develop both the depth and range of experience in subjects to face the many great challenges and opportunities of the future. They will be part of a unique community of change agents from a wide range of backgrounds. This is a community that will support, motivate and holds you accountable for achieving your goals even when the chances of success seem likely against them.
There is no typical Stanford student or an ideal Knight-Hennessy Scholar. They are looking for academics who can think, work and care for others.
It should be noted with great importance that in order to be selected as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, one must apply separately to the Stanford graduate program that he wishes to pursue, in addition to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program. The candidate cannot be selected as Knight-Hennessy Scholar if the department does not admit it.
Therefore, the candidate should consult the website of each department to find out what they are looking for in the candidates. For Knight-Hennessy scholars, three areas are mainly examined:
1. Independence of thought
2. Leadership with purpose
3. Civic Mindset
The deadline to submit the application is Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
Location: United States
Knight-Hennessy Scholars education is fully funded for any graduate degree at Stanford. During each of the first three years of graduate studies, Knight-Hennessy Fellows receive:
- a scholarship applied directly to cover tuition (according to the standard departmental enrollment level) and the associated fees, and
- a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as accommodation and food, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses), and
- a travel stipend intended to cover an economy class ticket for an annual trip to and from Stanford.
- In addition to these
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars can also request supplementary funds to support academic efforts (eg, conference trips).
- If one participates in optional research projects during the summer, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program can provide funds for the summer.
- Knight-Hennessy fellows who seek a positive impact through social entrepreneurship may be eligible to apply for initial funding.
- Citizen applications from all countries are encouraged. That is natural since Knight-Hennessy scholars are expected to have a global impact.
- One is eligible to apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if he/she applies to enroll in any full-time graduate program in Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, Eng, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS or Ph.D.) or if he/she plans to follow one of Stanford’s many joint and double graduate options (for example, but not limited to, MD + PhD, JD + MA, MBA + MS)
- A person is eligible to apply for Knight-Hennessy Scholars if he/she applies during their last year of study for their first / baccalaureate or within five years of having obtained their first / baccalaureate. For the cohort that applies in 2019, that means one must have graduated in January 2014 through September 2020 to enroll in Stanford in September 2020
- If the applicant is still in college studying to obtain their first degree/bachelor’s degree, he/she is eligible to apply whenever they complete their first bachelor’s / bachelor’s degree before enrolling as a graduate student at Stanford.
- If the applicant obtained a postgraduate degree, he/she remains eligible to apply in 2019 as long as they have obtained their first bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later.
Eligible Regions: Open to all
Apply online through the link given.
Application deadline: October 9, 2019