Probably the most emailed topic at UK YouthScopes.com is how to achieve a scholarship or where to look for one. In brief, the answer to all scholarship questions is if you not take the time and caliber to look for one, and work carefully to ready an pretty application package for each scholarship, you will perhaps not get one.
Students cannot look for scholarships and financial aid to fall into their flexion, so do your homework, do your exploration and try to search the one scholarship that will work for you and then appeal for it. There are many field to look for scholarships so this division is planned to give you with a starting point.
It can be very difficult to get a good scholarship site but one matter you should be very alert of are sites that charge you ingress to view or look for scholarships. You should not need to give money to search for scholarships – so keep to the free resources they are just as good and at times much better!
Free Scholarship Resources
- International Scholarships – they have an online database as usually large collection of data that is open to all students. You will requirement to register an account but at one time that is done (at no cost) you can have entry to view and search international awards.
- International Education Financial Aid – analogous to the site upstairs offering students a free resource of international scholarships for study around the world.
- Education UK Scholarship Search – specific to the UK, this demonstrative provides a free scholarship search like the two sites above.
Another very good free resource is Google, Yahoo, MSN or any other leading search engine. All you need to do is find on terms like “manufacturing scholarship United kingdom” or “business scholarship London”. Use a diversity of terms to get some good results back!
How to spot a scholarship scam!
Scholarship scams are thoroughly the place, and as an international student are an ultimate goal for people to scam you out of money. The common rule of thumb when it comes to scholarship scams are:
- If you must pay money to get money, it might be a scam.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it perhaps is.
- Consume the time, not the money.
- Nobody can bail that you’ll win a scholarship.
- Lawful scholarship establishment do not charge application fees.
- If you’re questionable of an offer, it’s generally with good reason.
Am I eligible for a scholarship?
Eligibility depends on the scholarship. There is no common rule of thumb on whether you are competent for a scholarship. All scholarships differ in their eligibility requirements, some ask for a certain TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, some ask that you are from a certain country. You will need to do your own research to see if you are competent for a scholarship.
How do I apply?
As with eligibility, there is not set law on how to appeal for scholarships. Some ask for a particularly written piece of work, some ask for you to be imitating a particular field and some just assert you to fulfill an application form. If you find a scholarship that you think you may be eligible for, contact the stakes administrator of that stakes.