Online Scholarship Searches
Before you yet get started, please know that you should never, ever have to pay for information about scholarships. If a website asks for financial information, then you need to turn aside it and go with a free search engine instead. Here are some of the websites that you can look at apropos search scholarships specific to international students who want to study in the United States.
- Scholarship specialist has a specific scholarship search available for international students.
- The International Financial Aid and College Scholarship Search at http://www.iefa.org/ is useful.
- Scholarships.com has tips to find scholarships for international students.
- About.com’s College Apps site has a page just for international students who wish to study within the United States
- The International Scholarships webpage can help you find scholarships, no matter where in the world you wish to go to study (even if it’s not the United States!).
These resources are a great field for you to start your scholarship search; that way, you can apply for as much scholarships as you can in order to maximize the volume of financial aid that you are obtaining.
There are other, enough specific scholarships that you can accomplish if you are considering study in the United States as well. Some of these scholarships will be granted by your home country, and others may be bestowed by the university that you are attending in the United States.
Your home country may offer scholarships to those studying outdoors. These may be from the administration, from your secondary institution, or from a number of other sources. Contact the educational method in your country for more information about these scholarships and how you can appeal for them.
You may also be capable to receive scholarships from the university you are accompanying. There scholarships are indeed the main reason that many students determine to study in the United States; there are a number of universities that are incredibly magnanimous with their funding for international students.
This U.S. News and World Report article concentration on the schools that offer their international students the most money in scholarships every year if you would like a rapid look at how much money you may be capable to get for your studies in the United States.
If you are looking for ways to gain financial aid other than scholarships, then take a look at our page about financial aid in the United States. That page will give you more information about navigating the financial aid method in the United States so that you can gain grants and/or loans that will help postscript your educational costs while you study in the United States.