Request local guides Connect Live 2019 – Visit fully funded to Google HQ in California.
Throughout the world, local Guides have the mission to help people find the places worth discovering. To celebrate the stars of the global Google community, Connect Live is back and will be bigger than ever. The event will be held from November 12 to 15 at a new location in San Jose, California. There, Google will house 200 local Level 5 and higher guides from around the world.
This November, Google will gather 200, that is, TWO HUNDRED, local Level 5+ guides from around the world in San Jose, California and Google headquarters for almost four full days of exciting activities. Begin on November 12 with a welcome reception, have two full days of activities, then close on November 15 with a farewell breakfast with the team of local guides. To better serve the global community, Connect Live 2019 will be presented entirely in English.
To get more exciting opportunities like this, at your fingertips, install the Youth Opportunities mobile app here from your cell phone.
If you are one of the 200 selected Local Guides, you can expect to have numerous opportunities to send comments directly to the Googlers that work on your favorite features, share what you like about Google Maps and learn even more Local Guide skills.
Attendees will learn the latest news about Google products, meet Googlers and other local guides, and discover inspiring ways to become better contributors. You can expect learning, friendship and celebration. However, the format and specific events of each year are kept secret so you will be surprised when it arrives.
Meet: Join the best local guides from around the world to share new experiences.
Learn: Get internal access to the world of Google Maps through inspiring talks
Explore: discover local favorites in San José and see the Google campus
Applications will be open from March 4, 2019 to April 30, 2019.
- Google will organize and pay for flights, transportation and hotel stays on the main arrival and departure dates.
- The meals will be covered by Google during the duration of the event.
- Google will also pay Visa or ESTA fees for an application. However, attendees will be responsible for obtaining visas on their own.
- Learn the latest news about Google products, get to know Googlers and other local guides, and discover inspiring ways to become better contributors.
- You can expect learning, friendship and celebration. However, the format and specific events of each year are kept secret so you will be surprised when it arrives.
- To apply to attend Connect Live, you must be an active Local Level 5 or higher and submit a request that includes a 1 minute video.
- High quality, well-rounded and consistent Google Maps contributions during the last 12 months
- Coherent participation with the local Guides community, such as the active contribution in Connect or the organization of meetings
- All Connect Live attendees must be at least 21 years old by the start date of the event on November 12, 2019. This is because 21 is the legal drinking age in the United States and alcohol will be present at some events .
- To better serve the global community, Connect Live 2019 will be presented entirely in English. To make the most of the experience, attendees should confirm that they can communicate proficiently in English as well as send all the application materials in English.
Eligible regions: Open for all
Applications are open to levels of 5+ Local Guides during the application period.
Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, among others:
The presentation of a complete application includes:
- A 1-minute video message that responds to ONE of the directions provided.
- The indications are: Tell them about your favorite place and what makes it special; What is one thing you want everyone to know about your community? o Why do you take pride in being a local guide?
- A new publication in Connect that describes a cause you’re interested in sharing on Google Maps and why. If you’re passionate about finding the best potato chips in the world or making the map more eco-friendly, they want to know! Publish your answer using the topic Local Histories.
- A new list created in Google Maps on any subject, which includes a title, a description and at least five places.
Application deadline: April 30, 2019.