After completing Bachelor Degree from the country, many dreamed of taking a Master or PhD degree from outside the country. But due to the lack of proper guidance and advice, many students suffer frustration. Some suggestions for students who are thinking about doing a master or PhD in the United States.
Thousands of students around the world are formally launching their higher education journey. Many Bangladeshi students are going to start their education through the global competition and they are going to start their dream of higher education.
#Why do Masters or PhD in the United States?
In the United States, foreign students came to do masters or Ph.D.
- US Degree is acceptable anywhere in any country in the world.
- Most of the best universities in the current world are located in the United States. In one word, the most important knowledge of the current world is ‘Knowledge’.
- The United States is actually the country of immigrants. There is no country in the world, people or culture is not there. To enjoy the diversity or to understand how different people really are, I should come to America.
- The United States is a huge marketplace. Highly educated and skilled people are always here to evaluate. Compared to Canada or Australia, labor market is much bigger.
- There is a mutual coexistence of the people of better living and different groups.
# When did the semester start?
Generally, new students are admitted in two semesters annually.
Fall Semester and Spring Semester Fall from August and Spring Semester starts from January.
Application time for the semester
October to December (University varies, sometimes appearing until January)
Spring semester time of application:
July to October (different from university).
# What does it take to apply?
– GRE (Graduate Record Examination) score (BBA backgrounds in many cases, instead of GRE, for the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), but many universities currently accept the GRE).
– TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score (any one).
– Undergraduate Transcript & Certificate (BSc, BBA, BA, BBS, LLB etc.) (Americans call Bachelor undergraduates and certificates as diplomas).
– Recommendation Letter (from the university’s teacher or office employee).
– Statement of Purpose (Why are you applying, why in this program, why did you work earlier in this program – describing them as a motivation letter of 1-2 page).
– Research Paper (if present).
– Job Experience Certificate (if any)
# How important is the CGPA?
The higher the CGPA can be, the better. However, CGPAE is not everything. Very good if science or engineering backgrounds are 3.50 or above. But less than that is not a problem. There are so many records that, 3.10 got a chance. The maximum importance in the admission process is two things.
1 Research Paper
2 Statement of Purpose
And most of the admissions of the Masters or PhD depends on the professor. If you are already in the position where it is being applied, you can talk to the professors there, but it plays a great role in admission. Source