Apply for Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program 2020-21 in Eswatini
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar offers almost 470 teachings, research or combination of teaching/research grants in more than 125 countries. Applications for scholarships for the academic year 2020-2021 are being accepted.
- Teach undergraduate courses in human resources management, management, auditing, international accounting and theory, accounting or management finance.
- Carry out research in the area of specialization.
- Other activities in which academics can participate include: participating in seminars, workshops or specialized academic programs and conferences; conduct needs assessments, surveys or institutional or programmatic investigations; consult with relevant stakeholders for the development of the faculty; evaluate the feasibility of establishing an MBA program and contribute to the curriculum for the program; review the existing undergraduate program to structure the current five-year degree program in a four-year program; identification of relevant areas of links with other professional institutions and relevant business stakeholders; Advice on the management of the small business development center.
- In addition to being a prestigious academic exchange program, the Fulbright Program is designed to expand and strengthen relationships between the people of the United States and citizens of other nations and to promote international understanding and cooperation. To support this mission, Fulbright Scholars will be asked to give public talks, guide students and engage with the host community, in addition to their core activities.
Information about the scholarship:
- Number of scholarships – one
- Duration of the subsidy – 6-10 months
- Grant date – August 2020
The opportunity is open to people regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, geographic location, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- The program offers up to three scholarships for teaching or teaching/research. For research grants only, apply for the African Regional Research Program.
- When sending the application, a letter of invitation is highly preferred.
Featured image: https://awards.cies.org/
- Investigator’s monthly stipend – $ 4,970- $ 5,870
- Teaching or teaching/research award (assistant professor or lower) Monthly stipend: $ 5,740- $ 6,640
- Teaching or teaching/research award (associate or full professor) Monthly stipend: $ 5,960- $ 6,860
- Estimated trip and relocation allowance: round trips, economy class, international organized by the travel agent selected by CIES, for the academic and up to two accompanying dependents. An allocation of $ 2,800 will be provided to cover the costs associated with relocation and excess baggage.
- Estimated assignment of books and research: allocation of $ 1,000 for books and educational materials; It must be donated to the host institution (or other entity) at the exit of the concessionaire. (Only for Teaching and Teaching / Research awards).
- Assignment of enrollment for dependents: up to $ 12,500 per child or $ 25,000 per family for accompanying dependents in grades K-12 is reimbursed for one full academic year, upon receipt of receipts and based on the availability of funds. The amount can be adjusted for shorter grant periods. The reimbursement is based solely on the actual cost of tuition and fees.
- Benefits of special awards: When university housing is provided to Fulbright grantees, beneficiaries will receive a supplemental housing allowance for renovations, public services and other miscellaneous expenses that arise. The total housing subsidy will not be provided to beneficiaries if they decide to refuse to house on campus or at the university.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements at the time of application unless specific exemptions apply.
- United States citizenship: permanent residence is not enough.
- Fulbright Scholar scholarship recipients are eligible to apply for another Fulbright Scholar scholarship two years after the end date of the previous scholarship.
- All instruction will be in English; no competition is required in another language.
- The scholarship is open to all levels of academics, including early career
- Only applications in the following disciplines will be considered: Business Administration, Economics and Mathematics.
- Applications in business administration, economics, human resources management, management, auditing, theory and international accounting, accounting or management finance are encouraged.
- Fellows with a Ph.D. and they prefer at least five years of experience in university or university postdoctoral teaching. However, Ph.D. (or other terminal degree) is not mandatory.
- Candidates who have resided abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period prior to the date of the application are not eligible. In this case, it is considered that a period of nine months or more during a calendar year constitutes a full year abroad.
- Recent college graduates with limited professional experience are not eligible to be considered under the Fulbright Scholar Program. Instead, these applicants can visit the Fulbright Student Program.
- Graduate or PhD students seeking funding to complete their degrees are not eligible to be considered under the Fulbright Scholar Program. Instead, these applicants can visit the Fulbright Student Program.
- Good physical and mental health: selected candidates must submit a medical history and examination report before their grants can be finalized.
- Scholarships will not authorize participation in pastoral, missionary or other professional religious activities.
- Grants must not authorize participation in activities for which a license to practice medicine or nursing is required.
- Applicants are required to disclose any prior conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, including Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or Driving in a Drunken State (DWI), but excluding minor traffic infractions. Applicants must immediately notify IIE in writing if they are arrested, charged, charged or convicted of a felony or minor (excluding minor traffic violations) after submitting the application.
Please note: Preference will be given to candidates who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States, provided their qualifications are approximately equivalent to those of other candidates.
Eligible regions: United States
Apply online through the given link.
Application deadline: September 17, 2019.