Applications are requested from young minds around the world with leadership potential for Deloitte – One Young World Scholarship 2020 which aims to sponsor winners to attend the One Young 2020 World Summit in Munich, Germany.
Education is the cornerstone of sustainable development, however, there are currently 1.8 billion young people (ages 10-24) worldwide, and more than half of this population will not have the skills to participate in the global workforce. emergent. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) recognize that this gap must be closed, as the international community more explicitly addresses the challenges of quality and equity in education.
As countries around the world face some of the most unprecedented challenges of our time, including a global pandemic of health and climate change, continued access to new ways of learning and the development of skills that are proof of Future will be critical to ensuring that the world is prepared to tackle the complex problems of today and in the future.
At Deloitte, they are collaborating with business, government and civil society stakeholders to prepare 50 million lives for a world of opportunity by 2030. They are applying basic skills, experience, and global reach to have an impact through education, skills development, and access to opportunities, in line with SDG 4 – Quality education and SDG 8 – Decent work and economic growth.
As a longtime partner of One Young World, they are proud to support the Deloitte One Young World 2020 Scholarship which will allow 10 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany, from October 14 to 17, 2020.
- Access to the One Young 2020 World Summit in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020;
- The cost of the trip to and from Munich (economy class);
- Catering that includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit);
- Ground transportation between the Summit venues.
- Participation in sessions organized by Deloitte for his delegation in the run-up to and during the Summit, and a “friend” of Deloitte.
This scholarship is for young leaders focused on improving education, skills, and access to opportunities for people in their communities, countries, or the world at large. The scholarship seeks candidates who have demonstrated their commitment to:
- Improve access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that the rapidly changing global economy may leave behind.
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, even in areas where there is a shortage of talent.
- Accelerate entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment. One Young World will also evaluate the candidates based on their:
- Proven commitment to achieve positive change.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Understanding of the main local and/or global problems.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges
Eligible regions: open to all
Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application deadline: May 22, 2020