Apply for COINS Grand Challenge.
Could your idea improve the construction industry or the built environment? The COINS Grand Challenge of 2019 is an opportunity to earn funds, business support and more. Start your career with the COINS Grand Challenge: win cash prizes, grants and more. The COINS Grand Challenge is a global competition to discover innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders with ideas that can improve the built environment.
This global competition is organized by Construction Industry Solutions Ltd (COINS) to support innovation within the construction industry. Open to anyone with ideas to improve construction, from reducing costs, increasing efficiency, improving sustainability, safety, quality or compliance throughout the built life cycle.
The challenge has two categories of entry, Bachelor (Student Competency) and Professional (Open Competition).
Last year’s student competition was won by Armelle Coutant, a student at Stanford University, USA. UU., With its idea of biointegrated marine construction. Last year, 11 finalists represented 7 countries and a wide variety of ideas. The Great Challenge 2019 COINS is open for registration, with the deadlines of April 12.
Solutions for the construction industry (COINS) has provided software and business services to the construction, engineering, housing construction and services sectors for more than 30 years. Its global team has accumulated more than 4,000 man-years of incomparable and incremental knowledge of the industry that they put at the service of their clients.
Location: United Kingdom
- £ 3000 for the winner of the Undergraduate Competition
- £ 1500 for the runner-up of the undergraduate competition until
- £ 5000 for the winner of the open contest
- £ 2000 for the runner-up of the open competition
- Paid expenses Trip to the Final Judgment and the Gala at the Imperial War Museum, Manchester, England for all finalists
- Opportunities for networking and tutoring for all finalists
- Two discretionary special prizes for the most promising presentations related to the software. The winner will receive a 3-month internship and the second place a 2-week work experience with COINS research and development to develop their ideas.
- A discretionary COINS investment award for which COINS considers the most promising idea or business. The winner of the COINS Investment Award will be offered an investment of up to £ 115,000 GBP (approximately $ 150,000 USD) in your business or set up a business to promote your idea.
Open to anyone with ideas to improve construction, from reducing costs, increasing efficiency, improving sustainability, safety, quality or compliance throughout the built life cycle.
Eligible regions: Open for all
Apply online through the given link.
Application deadline: April 12, 2019.